If you sometimes say or think:
- I need to turn up the television. I can't hear a thing.
- People mumble and do not look at me when they are talking.
- It is difficult to follow a conversation when people talk away without listening.
- It is a bad habit shouting from another room. It is very difficult to hear clearly.
- I like standing face to face with the person I am talking to.
- Jokes are not funny anymore.
- I am not so fond of parties or being together with a lot of people. It is as if all the sounds melt together.
- I am very tired at the end of a meeting, having said, "excuse me" or "what", all the time.
- Sometimes I answer without knowing the exact question.
... Then you might be suffering from a hearing problem. Go and see your GP. The GP may think you need to have a hearing test.
Please use our articles
You are very welcome to quote or use our articles. The only condition is that you provide a direct link to the specific article you use on the page where you quote us.
Unfortunately you cannot use our pictures, as we do not have the copyright, but only have the right to use them on our website.