- Layout and furniture. The layout of a room and the type of furniture in it is often of major importance to the noise level. In general, if large rooms are divided into smaller rooms, and the children are separated during different activities, the noise level will be reduced considerably. At the same time, it is important to ensure that the rooms do not resound nor have many hard surfaces. In order to increase noise awareness among both children and adults, a lamp could be installed which flashes when there is too much noise.
- Large open rooms often create a lot of noise. Make rooms smaller by dividing them with sets of shelves, or set up permanent or moveable partition walls. Children will make less noise if they are allowed to play undisturbed in small rooms.
- Allocate special rooms for noisy activities and other rooms for quiet activities such as reading and drawing.
- Hard materials produce more noise than soft ones. Put felt pads under the legs of chairs and tables to reduce clattering. Replace floortiles or linoleum flooring with cork flooring which is softer and more noise-absorbent. Table cloths, curtains, notice boards and soft furniture also help in reducing noise as does a soft, porous ceiling lining.
- Doors can be fitted with door closers, making them shut more quietly.
- Soft colours on the walls and soft lighting often make for a more comfortable and quiet atmosphere where children will tend to be less noisy.
- Putting on and taking off jackets and shoes often creates a lot of noise. Here, a small porch may help to reduce noise, as the children can take their shoes off outside.
Source: "Støj i daginstitutioner - om praktiske/tekniske løsninger til dæmpning af støjen i daginstitutioner og skolefritidsordninger.", Socialministeriet, 2001. (Noise in day-care centres - practical/technical solutions for reducing noise in day-care centres. Danish Ministry of Social Affairs, 2001.)
Bitte benutzen Sie unsere Artikel
Sie dürfen unsere Artikel sehr gerne verwenden und zitieren. Die einzige Bedingung ist, dass Sie einen direkten Link zu dem bestimmten Artikel auf unserer Seite bereitstellen.
Leider können Sie unsere Bilder nicht verwenden, da wir selber nicht das entsprechende Urheberrecht haben und die Bilder nur direkt auf unserer Seite verwenden dürfen.