To mark World Hearing Day on the 3rd of March, a virtual lunch debate is being held at the European Parliament.
The theme of the debate is "To hear for life, listen with care". The debate will take place on Thursday the 3rd of March 2022 from 12:30 to 14:30 (CET).
The debate will be hosted by MEP Alex Agius Saliba (Malta, S&D).
Agenda for the Lunch Debate:
- Welcome & introduction by MEP Alex Agius Saliba (Malta, S&D)
- "To hear for life, listen with care" by Shelly Chadha, WHO
- The WHO global standard for Safe Listening Entertainment Venues by Mark Laureyns, AEA
- Why hard of hearing people care for safe listening by Lidia Best, EFHOH
- Young Ambassadors going to schools by Laia Zamora - EURO-CIU
- The importance of Adult Hearing Screening by Patrick D’Haese, Hear-it.
- The importance of Access to Ear and Hearing Care in Europe by Satish Mishra - WHO-Europe
- Conclusion by MEP Alex Agius Saliba.
The debate will be held in English. During the debate, there will be a simultaneous speech-to-text service in English.
Information and registration
For more information on the virtual lunch debate at the European Parliament, please visit: https://www.meetings.be/Debate2022/
If you want to follow the lunch debate, you can register for free here.