To mark World Hearing Day on March 3rd, a virtual Lunch Debate is being held at the European Parliament.
The theme of the debate is “Hearing care for all”. The debate will take place on Wednesday March 3rd 2021 from 12:30 to 14:30 (CET).
The debate is hosted by MEP Alex Agius Saliba (Malta, S&D).
Agenda for the Lunch Debate:
- Welcome & introduction by MEP Alex Agius Saliba (Malta, S&D).
- Hearing care for all, World Report on Hearing by Shelly Chadha, WHO.
- Access to hearing care during COVID-19 by Morten Buan, EFHOH.
- User experiences with cochlear implants by EURO CIU, CI users.
- The use of hearing aids and cochlear implants: are we fulfilling the need? By Patrick D’Haese, Hear-it.
- Hearing screenings and hearing care for young active people with hearing loss - studies and new findings by Mark Laureyns, AEA.
- Conclusion by MEP Alex Agius Saliba.
The debate will be held in English. During the debate, there will be a simultaneous speech-to-text service in English.
Information and registration
For more information on the virtual Lunch Debate at the European Parliament, please visit: https://www.meetings.be/Debate2021/
If you want to follow the Lunch Debate, you can register for free here.