How to help

If you think that a member of your family, a friend or a colleague is suffering from undiagnosed hearing loss, think about who would be the right person to discuss this with.

If you are the right person, you should try to be as helpful and supportive as possible. Before you discuss the issue with the hearing-impaired person in question, keep in mind that he or she may not be aware of the problem and can be sensitive to the idea of hearing loss.

He or she should first contact his or her family doctor. The family doctor will carry out a simple test to check for a hearing problem. If there is a problem, the family doctor will recommend that your friend, relative or colleague visits a hearing health care professional.

Your task is to continue being supportive, understanding and helpful. Remember the good communication habits and read about hearing loss and use this web site. The more you know, the better you can help.

Get our news about hearing loss

If you want to receive news from us on hearing loss and other hearing related issues, then please subscribe for our newsletter
Can you pass our hearing test?
Try hearing test
Listen to hearing loss
Get news updates from hear-it
How good is your hearing?
Can you pass our hearing test ?
Try free hearing test