If you are thinking about beginning to wear hearing aids, here are 10 good reasons for using hearing aids:
- You will hear much better in almost all situations
- You will be in closer contact with your partner or spouse
- You will be better at communicating with your children and grandchildren
- You will be much better at having and following conversations
- You will be better able to participate in social gatherings and parties
- You will be better at following the news, films and series on TV as well as listening to the radio and to music
- You will keep your brain fit and reduce the risk of cognitive decline
- You will be at lower risk of social isolation, loneliness and depression
- You will in general have a better mental and physical health
- You will be less dependent on others
Besides this, you will also be able to hear sounds that you may not have heard for many years, such as the birds singing, the wind in the trees, the waves in the sea, the clock ticking, the water running and the computer and refrigerator humming.
All these arguments are based on results and finding in several surveys and scientific studies in the recent years.