A hearing loss can make it difficult to participate in social activities.
People who suffer from untreated hearing loss often find it extremely difficult to participate in social activities, even within their own family.
Some common social problems for people with untreated hearing loss include:
- Isolation and withdrawal
- Distraction/Lack of concentration
- Problems at work - may have to give up working/retire
- Problems participating in social life and reduced social activity
- Problems communicating with wife/husband, friends and relatives
- Problems communicating with children and grandchildren
- Loss of intimacy
- Sexual problems